Memorial High School, Port Arthur, Texas
My Philosophy: Teachers are facilitators, creating learning experiences that motivate and provide structure in a secure environment where students can become responsible for his/her own learning. In my classroom, students are encouraged to explore, manipulate and create, question and discover, think, speak, work cooperatively, and evaluate themselves. Parents are to key to making this happen! Encourage your child to do his/her best in all classes and to be on their best behavior. This will ensure their success not only at Memorial but also as they choose life careers.
Tech Prep is an important school-to-work transition strategy, helping all students make the connection between school and employment. The Advanced Technical Credit (ATC) Texas Program provides a pathway for high school students to begin earning college credit toward a certificate or degree. Today’s Career and Technology Education classes provides students:
- academic subject matter taught with relevance to the real world
- employability skills, from job-related skills to workplace ethics
- career pathways that link secondary and postsecondary education
- second-chance education and training
- education for additional training and degrees, especially related to workplace training, skills upgrades and career advancement.